I recently came across this fun crafty idea at Method!
This cute scarf idea is made by cutting up an old t-shirt!!!!
Here is the how to ...
1. grab some cotton t-shirts you don’t wear anymore. larger sizes tend to work better as do non-ribbed shirts with no side seams. small logos on the shirts work fine, too.
2. grab a pair of fabric scissors if you have them, otherwise any scissors will do.
3. lay the shirt out on a flat table in front of you.
4. cut the hem off the bottom and put it aside.
5. cut the shirt into 1-1 1/2 ” horizontal strips all the way up to the armpit.
6. grab 3-4 shirt strips in both hands, and gently stretch them out. the strips will naturally curl into themselves.
7. once you have done this with many of the strips, it is time to get creative. try draping them, wrapping one end with excess fabric, combining colours, braiding them, attaching beads, pins, old jewellery, etc.
A cute crafty fashion idea using old items ~ fab!
Method's inspiration came from the blogs hellohoneyno, this old dress and punkn’s