Tuesday, 23 October 2012

*From Doris & Co*

Look what I received from the wonderful Doris & Co.
A few weeks ago I received a lovely email from Doris & Co asking if they could send me a sample of their wonderful cups.
Of course I was delighted & just look at what arrived for me!
 
Two beautifully wrapped boxes.
 
If you haven't heard of Doris & Co before they are a British company devoted to making English pottery and home wares using old fashioned methods traditional to England.
The shapes and designs are based on Georgian or Early Industrial shapes, from the moment in time that pottery and home wares were still made by hand.
Just look what was inside for me!
How wonderful is this?
 
This is one of their 'Half Pint Mugs' and is called 'My Heart is fix'd'
They are handmade stoneware, limited edition & are simply wonderful.
You can find this beautiful piece on the Doris website
*here*

And just look at this little cutie!
Isn't it just perfect?
 
'Made by hand in England in honour of our Queen, this creamware mug may be dainty in size but its made to last, just like our beloved Elizabeth II. Of limited edition.'
You can find this one

These are simply delightful & I do feel terribly English holding one of these beauties.
I just love their 'good old fashioned' shape!
 
Doris & Co was founded by Louise Dean at the end of 2010. (Who is otherwise known as an author of novels.) She wanted to back British manufacturing and create objects for the home with both tactile and sentimental magic - things you handed down ...
 
 I certainly think that Doris & Co have achieved this.
Do pop along to the Doris website to see even more delightful items.
They would make absolutely perfect gifts ideas!
You can find it
*here*
 
A huge thank you from me to Doris & Co for sending me such wonderful gifts, I truly love them ...
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh they are really pretty, they would make a nice gift! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they would Rebecca, they are a really sweet gift idea.
      love
      Alison
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x