Wednesday, 17 March 2010

*Our Pale but Pretty Fireplace*



This week for White Wednesday I thought I would post a picture of our fireplace.
So here it is. The fire surround itself it painted in a stony white.

The candlesticks are painted in Craig & Roses Regency White & then distressed.
Two silver photo frames sit on the hearth, one has a photo of my Nana with my mum as a new baby which was taken in 1940 & the other is a photo of my Grandad in his uniform.

The two candlesticks on the top of the fireplace are vintage & were bought for me by my lovely Mummy who knew I was looking for some & picked them up at a charity shop for £1.99 for the pair!

The little jar at the other end beside the mirror is one of my vintage bon bon jars which has a very slight blueish tinge to it which is only really noticable if you place it next to my other bon bon jar which is the same apart from the tinge of colour! I thrifted this from a charity shop for £1.99.



The mirror was a thrify find from a carboot which I paid £8 for & painted anitque white & then aged a little by staining with some tea & then distressing!

The pretty wallpaper is grey with a pretty white pattern & is from Laura Ashley & was called Josette.

In the mirror you can just about see some of our wonderful original cornice that we are lucky to have along with our huge tall ceilings that come along with Victorian Houses & the two painting which are hung on the wall are by our bestest friend the artist Paul Denham & are a rare white palette for him but totally perfect for our home.

So I hope you like our pretty little fireplace, it is full of pales, whites & vintage as you can see which of course you know I love ...


Blogged for White Wednesday hosted by the lovely Kathleen at Faded Charm
Show & Tell Wednesday at Blue Cricket Design
Show & Tell Friday hosted by the lovely Cindy at My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday from The Shabby Nest


23 comments:

  1. It's all absolutely gorgeous!! What wonderful treasures you have!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful fireplace, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty. How nice it looks with that Laura Ashley wallpaper and that old mirror!
    Come to my blog and win Rachael Ray bake ware.
    Thanks!
    Sherry
    www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely beautiful! It looks so relaxing, especially that nice seat next to the fireplace... cosy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. its absolutley stunning. it looks like somthing from a magazine. .you must love spending time in there
    the corniceing is just gorgeous..
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...absolutely beautiful..stunning! I am in love with the wall paper..gorgeous! And I love your fireplace and everything...wonderful inspiring post for whiet wednesday! awesome!
    Have a abeautiful day..Ihave had a wonderful visit here! Spectacular!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fireplace Alison! So gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see a closer view of the photos.
    The fireplace looks lovely. We have a very similar grate to you, tall ceilings and original cornice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly beautiful, I looove your fireplace and your wall paper is to die for! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...what a lovely mirror!!!! Vintage mirrors are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole scene is stunning, Alison... it really is! And I just LOVE that wallpaper you have. You should be an interior designer... Care to come and decorate my place?! ;o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all beautiful Alison! You have a lovely home!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely Alison!!
    So Victorian!

    My show n tell is HERE. I do hope you can find time to stop by and visit me. I'd love your company.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Pretty! I love the soft colors!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!!! The mirror is my favorite though. There is something so calming about your fireplace and the room. Just what I need right now. Can I come over? lol. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! How do you keep such a white space so clean?!!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I adore it! I'm swooning!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I simply love your home, Alison! All is so polished!
    The pale paintings in the mirror caught my eye too...
    Glad I joined WW!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so love your white home! It's so pretty! I'm trying to educate my boyfriend in white!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much everyone for all your lovely lovely messages.
    love
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x