Saturday, 20 February 2010

*Tickets Please ~ All aboard the Art Bus*



Last Saturday Peter Blakes Art Bus arrived at Gallerina the art gallery that represents my husband James.



James loves Peter Blakes work so of course we had to go & look how much fun it is!



You get little tickets to board the bus too & the bus driver clips them, but when we got on at our allotted time there was no bus driver & so we didn't get ours done!



The bus inside is fantastic, on the lower level is a mini bar which we of course headed to straight away & got a glass of bubbly. There is also a couple of sofas & a table & a screen to watch a film of Peter Blakes work.

Unfortunately there was a lot of people about downstairs so I didn't manage to take any photos but we went upstairs (James carrying my bubbly as I'm not too steady on my feet at the best of times never mind trying to get upstairs on a double decker with a glass of bubbly in my hand!) I did managed to get a photo of the stairs from above!
Look how glizty glam they are! Fab!



This little sofa was at the top of the stairs too with it's taget cushion.



Upstairs on the bus is the actual 'gallery' part with lots of Peter Blake prints.
We were on with friends so I did take a lot of fun photos but I won't bore you with those!!!! Tee hee!

Some of the prints upstairs.
At the back of the bus upstairs was an open bit with some flip down seats in the same style as the fun sofa but I didn't manage to get photos of the back (apart from the aforementioned friend photos) as it was so busy all the time if you weren't out there.
It was a really fun experience & the bus & the art gallery played Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band all day as Peter Blake designed the front cover for the album which really made the day too ...
... and so to finish a couple of photo's I took in the gallery of Peter Blakes Alphabet prints strung up across the gallery ceiling ~ totally fun!

13 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Sounds like you had a really great time!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue leather seat and cushion are gorgeous. Peter Blake designed one of my all time favourite album covers, The Beatles Sgt Peppers. He has great style X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! This looks like a lot of fun ... & bubbly to boot! Um-hmmm!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bus looks very very cooool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is an AMAZING bus! LOVE the lighting and those blue leather seat.. Would love to see this...that is just so much fun! Thanks for taking us along, Alison! Hope you're having a great weekend, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this! :) Would love to have been onboard! We have an "art train" that I have never visited in a nearby town. Love when we can celebrate art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great bus! reminds me of a local one used as a nursery when I was little.
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bus...that blue seat is fab!
    What agreat way to look at art!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh that looks amazing! What a great idea to have an art bus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great fun love the bus and that blue seat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x