Tuesday, 15 December 2009

*A Pretty Pink Christmas*



Mmmmmmm totally scrum-diddly-dumptious!!!!

If the color pink is already a favorite at your house, it's easy to add holiday touches to match. The pink painted trim on this front porch makes the perfect backdrop for pink packages, a pink door wreath, and pink glass jar luminaries. Additions of white paper snowflakes and garland keep the frilly color scheme from going overboard.



When decorating for the holidays, choose decorations that fit into your existing decor.
The vintage flavor of this room already features pink and white, so pink holiday touches ~ ribbon woven into a wreath and patchwork stockings are a natural choice.

These pretty images & ideas are from Better Homes & Gardens



I am just so in love with this pretty pink Christmas tree here found over at Martha Stewart.
It is sooooo completely delicious!



Here a simple white-on-white interior provides a perfect backdrop for a glimmering tablescape.
Tall flower arrangements in silver containers alternate with smaller bouquets to create visual interest.



Be creative and maximize a piece's potential.
Stacking several antique silver compotes allows for a much more dazzling display than would solo shows.



Use the holidays as an opportunity to showcase your favorite color.
When wrapped in patterns and shades of the same hue, stacked presents can double as decorations. Matching bunches of flowers punch up the effect.

These last few images & ideas are from Country Living

***

A couple of these images have already been posted over at Vintage Amethyst Inspirations & I will certainly be adding more wonderfully pretty festive images over there before Christmas has arrived I'm sure, so do pop along won't you ~ *click here to visit*

9 comments:

  1. oh, how I am loving that pink door!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's defo the way to do pink! It's all gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if only my man would let me make our christmas pink!! Love It.
    Merry Christmas
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great compilation of inspiring pics!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, uplifting. I received my order today, gorgeous wrapping and the items are lovely too. The heart twig wreath is going to be my christmas craft project. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison
    As much as I like pink, I don't think my husband or 2 boys' would appreciate a pink Christmas tree! I only just got away with some painted pink shelves!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm a pink girl too! I have to admit that I do stick to the more traditional colours at Christmas, but this look is stunning.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. PINK DOOR!! Oh, I love this post, Alison. Pink is my favorite color, you know. Thank you for this brilliant, happy post with pink decorating schemes. This would a dream Christmas with so much pink. Not sure hubby would like it though...LOL! Happy Day, my friend. I'll drop you a line before we leave for our trip Sunday. :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I just found your blog from a google search for tablescape ideas and I'm thrilled! What a gorgeous post. The pink Martha tree is fantastic!
    abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x