Thursday, 5 November 2009

*Remember, remember ...*



Well its the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason & plot & all that.
The image above is the Guy Fawkes Inn in York, the birthplace of Guy Fawkes.

Are you off to any displays & bonfires tonight, or are you having a bonfire of your own?
Ooohhh this time of year screams hot baked potatoes, mulled cider & gloved hands doesn't it?

There are a few displays in our area so it is just choosing which ones to go to. They are happening from tonight until Saturday mostly so I'm sure we will be attending a few!!!
Whatever you are doing stay wrapped up warm, be safe & have fun ...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,

    Thank you for a glimpse of York ~ one of my favourite cities. I wrote a post about this too ~ wish I could be at a bonfire and fireworks display tonight. Have fun!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bonfire night sweetie.
    Hugs,
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this evening, you’re quite right, baked potatoes are perfect for this evening!

    It was after a fireworks display when I discovered I liked chilli and now it’s my favourite thing!!!

    It was my cousin’s birthday yesterday so his party is always a fireworks one and that’s planned for Saturday!

    I’m getting my sparklers ready!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a fun bonfire night, Alison! :o) Happy weekend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a good bonfire night... I enjoyed a small do at my local drama group, someone brought sparklers and a few fire works.. It was small but nice.. I do love this night..

    Priscilla x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x