Wednesday, 11 November 2009

*M&S ~ Penny Bazaar*



Apparantly going by Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert website this Friday (Friday the 13th *eek*) Marks & Spencer stores will be holding a 'Penny Bazaar'!!!
They will be selling things for only a penny to celebrate its 125th Birthday.

There will be 15 things included in the penny sale & all the money will go to local charities.
Things included in the penny sale are Christmas socks, card games, children’s puzzles, handkerchiefs, money boxes, tea-towels, mugs, notebooks, ties, knickers, key-rings, Christmas chocolates and Yule logs!
*Phew*

You can buy up to five 1p products each but get there early as I'm guessing this is going to be really really popular.
I'm not sure I'm brave enough to tackle this kind of shopping! I must admit I'm not a huge fan of shopping as it is, plus I hate getting up early especially in this cold weather ~ I know, I know I'm a weakling but I am a thrifty gal so all these goodies for a penny may seduce me but I say may lightly ...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,
    I bet it will be packed then! Mind you, the charities won't be making much if the items are only a penny!Good Luck if you dare to brave it!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea, but at the same time a bit terrifying!!!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great but scary all at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably avoid! Can you imagine the skirmish? ha ha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I love a bargain too but I don’t know if I’m ready to fight with the masses on this one!

    Didn’t they do this last year and it was mayhem?

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a nice idea for the money going to charity, but I would probably end up battering someone with my handbag as I dont like being jostled about! My mam used to work on the food dept at M&S when I was a child and at the end of the night the staff were able to buy anything going out of date really cheap. She used to bring loads home and fill up the freezer. What I wouldnt give to get my hands on bargains like that X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x