Monday, 8 June 2009

*A Trip to the Continental Market*



This weekend the continental market was back in town.



We love visiting these different markets we always have in town, they are always so full of colour & life.



It is so wonderful to see the different sights, sounds & smells at these markets ~ although I'm vegetarian so sometimes these meat stalls although I do love the look of all the produce the smell can be a little bit overwhelming for me!



There are always so many beautifully laid out stalls but it is quite hard to get a good photo of them as they are always so full of buyers. Luckily this time I did get a few good ones but there were lots of other stalls I would have loved to have quickly got a snap of. I just love those stalls selling all different types of olives with all the colours, textures & scents.

Here is the crepe man making delicious crepes for hungry customers on a sunny Sunday morning.
I just can't wait for the next speciality market to visit.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too.

9 comments:

  1. Oh what an amazing market! I would love to visit something like this, where about's is this market held?

    ps. I love the new look of your blog...

    Priscilla x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that market looks so nice. Lots of lovely things to tempt us I think ! x Dom

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that looks amazing!

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love crepes. There's a stall on the camp site i visit in Italy with my friends and a day doesn't go past without me buying one!

    I've tagged you on my blog but don't feel obliged to join in, I know they can be difficult to fit in.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going too markets, it always reminds me of France and Italy.

    I love all the fresh smells of the food!

    Your other post was so pretty…love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh lovely, freshly made crepes. I love these types of markets, especially the locally made cheese and bread stalls X

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for sharing these pictures! i feel like i'm there when i look at them-really captured a certain feeling.

    oh how i wish there was things like that in california! :-)

    your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love markets like that...yum! Thanks for takigg us along, Alison! Happy week :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also love to know where that great market is please? Jackie.
    http://jackieslifeinsurrey-1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x