Monday, 22 June 2009

*Pretty Cottages*



Here are some of the pretty cottages I took photos of whilst we were in Cornwall, well how could I resist they are just so lovely!

The above photo was taken in a lovely village called St Tudy which was just near where we stayed. We actually stayed in Hengar Manor Country Park which was just lovely & has 35 aches of grounds with the Manor House in the centre.



This is one of the pretty homes in St Mawes.

St Mawes is just one of my favourite places in the world, if you have never been please do visit, it is incredibly pretty & every house seems to be adorable and most of them look out on to the harbour & the sea, it is all very tranquil & idyllic. I have very fond memories of St Mawes from being a child & it certainly didn't disappoint this time visiting either as it was a wonderfully hot & sunny day with the most heavenly blue skies.



More pretty houses, although they look much prettier in their setting than these photos show.



Here is that wonderful pink cottage again which was actually called 'Pink Cottage' too! When we first approached an elderly gentleman was sitting in his front garden looking out towards the sea looking quite dapper in his summer suit & panama hat!






This is the wonderful 'Ivy Cottage' as my mum calls it. She wants to move in & whilst we were there a little old lady wandered in ~ lucky thing I thought living in such a beautiful home. The front door was open too, as it must be most days when it is warm ~ just perfect.



Here is a sneaky closeup of the front door & window, isn't it just the most perfect house.


More lovely homes, in pretty shades. All the houses in St Mawes seem to be painted white or in the most wonderful pale shades. It just makes everything look so candy perfect!


This pretty old cottage below was found in the grounds of Lanhydrock Victorian Country house which we visited. Such a beautiful house & gardens & imagine having this in your garden!


These couple of pretties below belong in St Isaac, a very pretty small little fishing village.

These lovelies are found at Rock. We visited Rock by ferry from Padstow on a lovely hot & sunny day. Rock is where all the rich & privilaged youngersters go, including the young royals but unfortunately William & Harry weren't to be spied!


This pretty cupcake pink cottage was found in Boscastle, remember the small fishing village which suffered those terrible floods 5 years ago! A trip to the visitor centre recalls all those horrid images of peoples lives being ruined, but today the village is restored & as pretty as ever.

Here is the lovely yellow cottage next door.


Hope you love these types of pretty cottages as I do, I must admit I do feel slightly guilty taking photos of peoples homes but I do soon sweep that away with a quick flick of my hand as folly as I think if I lived in a sweet pretty candy coloured cottage I wouldn't mind people taking a quick snap ~ although I must add if there is anyone who lives in these homes, firstly you lucky lucky people you but if you do with the photo to be removed please please don't hesitate to contact me & I will do so, pinky promise.

21 comments:

  1. I'm swooning right now... my fave has to be Ivy Cottage!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to zip right over and take a look myself.

    They are just so beautiful, I LOVE villages and cottages. Great pic's.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to have found your site. One look a my blog will tell you why!! I am in love with the Ivy Cottage and want to retire there...God are you listening? I will link to your site from this point on.
    many thanks for having such lovely site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I have never been to Cornwall even though I keep harping on at t'other half!! I want to go even more now - just beautiful - and your photos are great! They capture these pretty cottages perfectly!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty cottages!

    I LOVE cornwall, it's just 3 weeks on sat til I get to go!

    Hope the sun is still shining like it is in your pictures!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are lovely cottages - am sure I would be thrilled to have people taking piccies if I lived someplace like that. What did you think of Hengar Manor -I did look into staying there earlier in the year, but we didn't get round to it - was thinking of doing it next year, but would be interested to know what you thought. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am delighted you stopped by, please drop by often and next time you visit, I will sincerely appreciate it if you would sign up as a follower and may be even place add a link to my blog on yours. I wanted to join the blog world for couple of years now, however; life got in the way so I am new and would love to have followers and share my blog and my passion for England and the afternoon tea ceremony with others.

    Many thanks and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am delighted you stopped by, please drop by often and next time you visit, I will sincerely appreciate it if you would sign up as a follower and may be even place add a link to my blog on yours. I wanted to join the blog world for couple of years now, however; life got in the way so I am new and would love to have followers and share my blog and my passion for England and the afternoon tea ceremony with others.

    Many thanks and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Thank you so much for taking so many photos and sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alison! Thank you for the kind comment you left on Tracy's interview. I loved piecing the post together with her wonderful answers and photos.

    I can't believe how awesome this pink cottage is! Though the ivy one is irresistible, too. Gorgeous pictures!

    Kind regards,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhhhhhh I love CORNWALL, I feel a trip coming on and what with all this glorious weather we are having what could be nicer than cornish cream teas in the sun x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh thank you for those lovely photos! We were in The Roseland, Cornwall, just a couple of weeks ago and your post took me right back there! I even have a photo just like yours of the Lanhydrock cottage.
    Happy Days to you
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Alison

    I have enjoyed looking at these beautiful pictures. Cornwall is such a wonderful county, I love it! That pink cottage is so sweet.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful - I want them all!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone, I knew everyone here would want to see lots of prettiness!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful houses, you have inspired me to post some.

    Torie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to own a cottage in cornwall one day. I can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    They are really pretty.I love cottages.There are a post about Interior Decoration on my blog.I'm wating your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Iv always wanted a little thacted cottage

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. We live in a 300 year old thatched cottage in Scotland so I am drawn to the thatched roofs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I live in on Long Island in New York, USA and I am so in love with cottages of Mawes and Port Isaac (big Doc Martin fan). Hope to visit someday. Loved your photos, I almost felt like I was there. Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x