Sunday, 8 February 2009
*Rose Petal Cup Cakes*
I found this lovely cupcake recipe on UKTV Food, Rose Petal Cup cakes ~ perfect for Valentines Day methinks and don't they just look so sweet?
Here is the recipe:
150g softened unsalted Butter
150g caster sugar
3 medium Eggs, at room temperature
150g self-raising flour
1 tbsp rose water
1 packet instant royal icing
rose petals or silver balls to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with papers.
2. Using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, stirring well between each addition. If the mixture threatens to curdle, add a tablespoon of the flour to stabilise it.
3. Fold in the remaining flour, followed by the rose water.
Next, start adding the milk - you may not need it all. What you want is a batter that will just fall off the spoon if you shake it a little.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin papers and bake in the oven until cooked through and golden, about 20 minutes.
Turn out onto a rack to cool.
5. Make up a big batch of royal icing and spoon onto the cakes.
Leave to set before decorating with rose petals or silver balls.