Saturday, 1 September 2007

*Last Days of Summer*



Well its the first of September today, I just can't believe it!
How quickly this year seems to have flown by and especially the Summer, and now here we are in the final days of Summer.
This will be my last post for a couple of weeks as we are off to Pomorie in Bulgaria on Monday for 2 weeks.
When I get back Autumn should have arrived.
I love the Autumn, it is my favourite season.
I love September as the sun starts to gets weaker but is still warm.
I love seeing the leaves turn golden, red and orange and then start to fall to the ground.
I love getting wrapped up that little bit warmer as there is starting to be a nip in the air.
I love opening the windows first thing as the mornings seem to have that wonderful chill that seems to breeze through the house cleansing as it flows.
Ooohhh it feels so good to be having a holiday and then coming back and it being Autumn, it feels just right, a good way to say goodbye to the summer months.

The picture above is of some wonderful fabric leaves I bought in Germany, I got a big pack for 1.50 Euro, and there are lots of different style leaves and so many of them for the price!
I love all the Autumn-y things Germany always seems to sell, I wish I could have bought lots more things but I just couldn't get them all back in our bags!!!

Anyhoo, I shall bid you all farewell for a while.
Enjoy the last days of summer everyone.
x

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Alison!

    I love autumn, too, it's everybody's favourite season at
    Tallulah House :) Our neighbors across the street have a woodstove and it's a little bit of heaven to smell it in the air when I come home from work. Of course, we're still sweltering here, so it'll be a while before we THAT happens ;)

    Hope you have a lovely time in Bulgaria!
    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful holiday Alison!

    there's definitely a nip in the air isnt there? wont be long before i start lightning my woodburner on a chilly evening either!

    those fabric leaves are beautiful, I had to look twice as I thought they looked so real!


    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe journey and a wonderful break,I'm sure that you will have some lovely warm days.
    Look forward to reading all about it.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahh thanks ladies, I'm sure we will have a wonderful time.
    I know Leanne the leaves are so fab, I've never really seen anything like them over here.
    Thanks again ladies see you when I get back.
    love
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison

    What a lovely post! You have described everything perfectly. I love seeing the early morning mists and as you say, if it's a sunny autumn day there is nothing like the beautiful rich colours of the turning leaves.

    Have a great holiday - look forward to hearing all about it!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Alison, sorry, I didn't realise I was signed in on my husband's ID, just in case you're wondering who Mike is!!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope you have a wonderful time !!!

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time, I love autumn too and those leaves look so realistic.
    Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your holiday honey, hope you have lots of fun.
    Oow it's nearly Christmas too yeay! big wooly jumpers, hats and scarfs come out. Lots of toastie nights in snnuggled up with the ones you love and lots of hot chocolate and cookies. Hmmm! I can't wait.
    see you soon
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes that chill in the air, blue skies and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bulgaria--very exciting! Have a wonderful time! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alison

    Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the changing seasons.

    Autumn is my favourite too - the soft light, changing colours, the slight nip of cold air early in the morning, the smell of woodsmoke in the air and the crunching of leaves beneath my feet when I go for walks.

    Thanks for your kind words on my last post.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You love all the same things as me. Your post on autumn was lovely, and made me think of autumn in a different way. I've been dreading it really because we had such a poor summer, but you've made me rethink some of the positives!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message.
Love Alison
x